Global plastic antioxidant markets of $ 3.6 billion through 2026, with North America accounting for $ 730 million and Asia-Pacific accounting for $ 1.6 billion
DUBLIN, December 24, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The report “Plastic Antioxidants: Global Markets to 2026” has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global plastic antioxidant market is expected to grow by $ 2.9 billion in 2021 to $ 3.6 billion by 2026, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% in 2021-2026.
- The North American market for plastic antioxidants is expected to grow by $ 598.6 million in 2021 to $ 730.1 million by 2026, with a CAGR of 4.1% in 2021-2026.
- the Asia Pacific the plastic antioxidant market is expected to grow $ 1.2 billion in 2021 to $ 1.6 billion by 2026, with a CAGR of 5.6% in 2021-2026.
Scope of the report
This report will cover all the commercially available Plastic Antioxidants that are actively used and consumed by key end-user industries in the Plastic Antioxidants Market. Its scope will also include all applications in which plastic antioxidants are used. In addition, the plastic antioxidants industry will also be analyzed in depth at regional and national level.
Plastic polymer is a widely used material for food storage and protection due to the various advantages it offers, such as low production cost, good strength, content protection and reduced environmental impact.
However, to improve and preserve the qualities of polymers, additives such as antioxidants, ultraviolet (UV) stabilizers, antistatic agents, plasticizers, lubricants, thermal stabilizers, photoinitiators and others are added during the process of manufacturing. However, there is growing concern that when plastic packaging encounters food, these additives could migrate into the food during the production or storage stages and affect the health of consumers.
To investigate this, a number of toxicological studies and reports on the genotoxicity of polymer additives have been conducted. As a result, when assessing the safety of food packaging materials to manage food quality, it has become essential not only to determine the concentrations of these additives in polymers, but also to monitor their quantification and levels. specific migration procedures (SML).
Antioxidants, UV stabilizers, plasticizers, and photoinitiators are just some of the many polymer additives found in plastic. Nowadays, plastic plays an important role in society. Thus, antioxidant polymer additives, UV stabilizers and photoinitiators have received increased attention, especially in the field of food safety.
Antioxidants are natural and manufactured substances that can scavenge free radicals and inhibit the oxidation process. Phenolic Antioxidants (AOs), often referred to as Primary Antioxidants, are very effective, non-bleaching stabilizers for oxidizable organic substrates such as plastics, man-made fibers, elastomers, and waxes. Phenolic compounds are generally used to protect the finished product by acting as free radical scavengers.
Phosphite antioxidants, also known as secondary antioxidants, work as peroxide decomposers, preserving the polymer and ensuring color preservation in organic polymers prone to oxidation, especially during processing.
Thioester antioxidants degrade and neutralize hydroperoxides produced by the oxidation of polymers. Thioesters are used to protect against thermal aging and to preserve color. Amino antioxidants help preserve physical and surface qualities such as color, scorch and heat resistance.
Binary blends combine a primary antioxidant (phenolic) with a secondary antioxidant (phosphite) for maximum stability throughout processing and shelf life.
Comprehensive company profiles of major industry players including ADEKA Corp., BASF SE, Clariant AG, Dover Chemical Corp., Evonik Industries, LANXESS, LyondellBasell and Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
Main topics covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Definition of plastic antioxidants
- Classification of antioxidants
- Primary antioxidants
- Secondary or synthetic antioxidants
- Price Analysis
- Background and technological progress
- Industry concept
- Importance of industry
- Plastics Industry Market Overview
- Market dynamics
Chapter 4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Plastic Antioxidant Market
- Impact of COVID-19 on the packaging industry
- Impact of COVID-19 on the construction industry
- Impact of COVID-19 on the automotive industry
- Impact of COVID-19 on the electrical and electronics industry
Chapter 5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
- Value chain analysis
- Raw materials
- Processing of plastics
- Waste Management
Chapter 6 Global Plastic Antioxidants Market by Type
- Phosphite and Phosphonite
- Antioxidant blends
Chapter 7 Global Plastic Antioxidants Market by Polymer Resin
- Molecular structure and general properties
- Polyethylene classifications
- Available grades
- Polyvinyl chloride
- Additives and PVC
- Advantages of PVC
- Uses and Benefits
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene
Chapter 8 Global Plastic Antioxidants Market by Application
- Advantages of plastic packaging
- Benefits of plastic antioxidants
- Influence of electric vehicles on polymer consumption
- Electricity and electronics
- Electrical insulation
- Thermal insulation
- Sports and hobbies
Chapter 9 Global Plastic Antioxidants Market by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
Chapter 10 Competitive Market Analysis
- Ranking of the best companies offering antioxidants
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Innovations in plastics
- Bacteria capable of breaking down plastics
- Biodegradable bioplastics for food packaging
- Recyclable toothpaste tubes
- Plastic roads
- Ocean plastic tennis shoes
- Recycled plastic for beauty packaging
- 3D printed plastic suspenders
- Plastic shelter
- Plastics industry trends expected to impact manufacturers in 2022
- Bioresins and plastic additives respectful of the environment
- Plastics with increased strength
- Efficient 3D printing and production
- Automation and Industry 4.0
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
- 3V Sigma
- Adeka Corp.
- Ampacet Corp.
- Astra Polymers Compounding Co., Ltd.
- BASF SE
- Dover Chemical Corp.
- Everspring Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Evonik Industries
- Krishna Antioxidants Pvt. Ltd.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Holdings BV
- Milliken & Co.
- Oxiris Chimie SA
- Rianlon Corp.
- Rifra Masterbatches SPA
- Sakai Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Linyi Sunny Wealth Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Sk Capital Partners
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Trigon Antioxidants Pvt. Ltd.
- Wells Plastics Ltd.
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/s9srlj
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets