NOPD announces violent crime arrests and clearances between December 19 and 25
The list below lists arrests or warrant authorizations obtained between December 19 and 25, 2021 as part of violent crime investigations conducted by the NOPD:
- On December 24, detectives from the NOPD Homicide Unit arrested Juwaine Ashford (photo, black man, DDN: 07-11-2000) on one count of negligent homicide. The incident occurred on December 24 in the 6000 block of Bullard Avenue.
- On December 19, detectives from the NOPD First District arrested Amir Jackson (pictured, black male, date of birth: 08/09/2002) for attempted second degree murder, unlawful discharge of a gun and assault. done serious with a gun. The incident occurred on May 24, 2001 at the intersection of Castiglione and Rosière streets. Jackson has also been wanted on illegal possession of stolen property incidents reported in August and September 2020, and on four ongoing Jefferson Parish warrants for vehicle burglary.
- On December 24, detectives in the NOPD First District arrested Earnicka Jefferson (not pictured, black female, date of birth; 7/22/1997) for aggravated gunshot wounds. The incident occurred on August 22, 2021 in the 1500 block of Esplanade Avenue.
- On December 19, NOPD District 2 officers arrested a 13-year-old (not pictured) and on December 21, NOPD District 2 officers arrested Dequantis D. Ford Sr. (pictured, black man, date dated birth: 09/30/2002), a 15-year-old juvenile female (not shown) and a 16-year-old juvenile male (not shown). The four subjects arrested were arrested respectively in the context of the following incidents in the second and sixth arrondissements:
- Attempted carjacking on December 20 in block 4200 South Prieur Street (all four suspects)
- An armed robbery on December 20 in the 4100 block of Annunciation Street (the four suspects)
- Attempted armed robbery on December 21 in the 900 block of rue Cambronne (all four suspects)
- A car hijacking on December 21 in the 100 block of Lowerline Street (the four suspects)
- A car theft on December 21 in the 7900 block of rue Freret (all four suspects)
The 13-year-old was arrested separately for the following incidents:
- An armed robbery on December 19 in the 500 block of Lowerline Street
- Attempted armed robbery on December 19 in the 2400 block of North Johnson Street.
- Attempted armed robbery on December 19 in the 1800 block of Franklin Avenue.
Ford was also arrested separately for an armed robbery on December 21 in the 1500 block of Saint Philip Street.